Calming Play Dough
I know in my household, late afternoon can be a real struggle. Especially when it comes to hangry, emotional toddlers and young kids. It always seems to happen when you need two hands to cook dinner. For me, juggling a small baby and a toddler while making dinner is a nightmare. That was, until I started making my own Child Calming Play Dough!
Child Calming Remedy is a Certified Organic essential oil blend by Lively Living, designed specifically with children in mind. It uses 4 oils that are known to calm children (and adults) and restore emotional balance.
Come late afternoon, when I need to be cooking dinner, I pull out our Child Calming Play Dough and let my toddler play, whilst allowing the Child Calming Remedy to help with her emotions. Not only do I know that she is getting the benefits of the essential oil, I know that it is kid safe and organic and is not made of any harmful additives or synthetic fragrance that always flares up her eczema.
HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH RECIPE:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Oil (any oil will do, coconut oil, vegetable oil, even olive oil)
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- Gel food colouring
- several drops of Child Calming Remedy
- - Pour flour into a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of sald
- Mix in Cream of Tartar
- Add your oil (we used vegetable oil)
- Pour in boiling water
- Mix together until dough ball forms (let cool)
- Roll out the dough and add your gel food colouring and drops of Child Calming Remedy
- Use gloves and knead the dough until colouring is all mixed through
Store in an air tight container or zip lock bag between uses!
- Blog Poster